Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday 2/13/2011


Good evening all!

Jon's Sunday brought him a ton of rest and an equal amount of sports on the tube. For me today was a little bittersweet. I left for home around 11 this morning so I was sad to leave, but the pain was eased when I found out that it was chore day! Lucky me!! Jon's list of tasks included cleaning his apartment complete with vacuuming and wiping down the kitchen. He was able to knock out a couple loads of laundry in between the games. This evening he made himself a pretty tasty looking spaghetti dinner.

Jon also spent time throughout the day talking and texting his friends Calvin, Jason Crawford, Brian Garcia and Barry, his dad, sister Sarah, sister Kristin and Ally and Becca. Jon and I spoke for a long time this evening and he was very vocal about his appreciation of all of the support and well wishes he has been receiving from all of his friends and family. He also said that as each day goes by he is feeling more like his old self and is remembering who he was. His actual words were, "I feel like my brain is attached to my body again". AMEN to that babe, I've been waiting to hear those words leave your lips.

Sleep sweet all,

Jackee

2 comments:

  1. thanks jack. love the pic! tell jon we are thinking of him~ xoox stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackee's conclusion that Jon may be ready to be home, seems to be closer to the truth every day. His call this morning (tuesday) was filled with news and anticipation of seeing members of the family on Wed. He is fully participating in the process which will deliver a summary and proposal to the Insiurance coman y repr. on Thursday at 10 AM> Linda and I, Charlotte, Jeffrey and Carole Ann are planning to visit Wed. evening and Thursday AM..I have a sense after listening to him these past several days, that Jon really is coming back. How good is that news to all of us..It has been a long ride.

    ReplyDelete