Thursday, January 13, 2011

Addition to Archives - Status Update 1/13/11

Originally emailed 1.13.2011 @ 1248pm - Jackee Lemke

Hello everyone,


I just wanted to send a quick update on Jon this morning. Another great day, he is more alert and is making eye contact and able to keep them open for quite awhile. He is moving fingers and toes on command and is getting stronger all the time. His eyes have color and he just looks really good. Keep sending all of your love and happy thoughts, you all have been wonderful to me personally and I know how special he is to each of you. I will send more as soon as I can!


Xo

Jackee


Originally emailed 1.13.2011 @ 335pm - Jackee Lemke

His personality was coming through this afternoon! I was making some jokes this afternoon and he was winking to show that he thought I was funny. I also made a comment about how handsome he looked after the nurses shaved his face and he gave me a double eyebrow raise like he was being flirty! He also made a couple furrowed brow faces when he didn't like something. It was good to see some emotion!

Jackee


Originally emailed 1.13.2011 @ 1104pm - Brian Clague

Thursday:
This was not a day for surgery as the schedule was full. So Jon waits. However, jackee’s observations were confirmed that he did indeed communicate with eye closing, gripping and holding up the appropriate number of requested fingers. That was great news to us all. Thee other vitals remained strong and stable. He does not seem to like lying on his injured side when the rotobed carries him onto that side; but that is the price for having a bruised lung. the Doctors seem to think that he is ready for some repairs; maybe tomorrow. The weekend is definitely going to be a time of rest only. The hospital has rewarded us with a room for sitting together on the 5th floor.It is titled 5A with his name and bed number on the card; T-522. Someone is always there or in the room visiting. Visiting is not allowed from 7-830Am and Pm, as well as 2-330 PM; otherwise two visitors at a time can sit with him. We feel as thought he made big progress today !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment