Saturday, January 15, 2011

Addition to Archives - Status Update 1/15/11

Originally emailed 1.15.2011 @ 916pm - Brian Clague

Family and Friends: I keep adding names to the list to contact, and will remove anyone who wishes to be removed. His vigil can be intense at times. I intend to continue a daily blog until Jon is out of the ICU.
Jon’s day was pretty much unchanged except for the question of his lowered activity and responsiveness which was attributed to his medications for pain. Otherwise you would have see little different from Friday. I was insistent on having more input into his case and urged that the pulmonary group look at him and add their insight into his lung diagnosis/treatment .The hospital had created a special classification of pulmonary fellow with credentials for ICU carte, and Jon was an ideal candidate for them to see. They were busy evaluating him at 7Pm when we left with expectations of their insights in the morning. Also I requested a new head CT which was done to rule out any serious immediate problem in the brain which might have occurred from the heparin being used. And that proved to be OK, which was greatly reassuring to those looking on. Mostly family attended his stay through this day as Jackee had to depart at noon. We will miss her deep concern and bright optimism.
Sunday will be another day of rest and healing. We will see if that occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment