So Jon had another stellar day today, showing more spontaneous engagement and initiative than I've seen him do so far. He has started using his iPhone to record his daily activities to use later as a memory aid, and even came up with an idea to use the alarm feature on the phone to remind him to record events. Well, okay, I sort of helped prompt that idea, but in the end he did come up with it.
He heard back from his insurance today and they have agreed to cover his stay at CNS--what a relief! I believe it will be an excellent next stop for Jon on his journey. As for me, my own journey tomorrow will take me back to Pennsylvania. I look forward to hearing from others who will post updates on my brother when they pay him visits and then blog about it, and look forward to the day when Jon posts a blog for himself. Given his incredible progress over the three weeks I've been here, I know that day can't be far off.
Signing off for now,
Kristin
This is great to hear! I'm glad he is on a quick road to recovery. I bet the girls (ally and becca) are excited about that! much love and positive energy sent North!
ReplyDeleteI'm heading his way on Thursday and am sure that he will be amazing me with his progress in the few days I haven't seen him! I can't hardly wait :) I've been getting good morning texts and calls from Jon each morning and several updates throughout the day. He is able to recount everything that he has been doing and previous days activities as well! Such a change from just a few days ago. He also took it upon himself to discuss visiting hours and what his daily therapy schedule will be just to make sure that my visit would not disrupt anyone! Great work babe! See you soon xo.
ReplyDeleteSpoke with Jon last night. He had been shopping for food- one of the talents he actualkly has not mastered in the past. So he will have to learn a new talent. HE has a bed that is sized for him but the dayroom cogh is only four feet long which creates a prblem when watching TV .He underwent testing at the learning center yesterday and expects a whole day of the same today,Thursday. Pretty good action. Weather has been good there although Jon hasn't commented on it yet.
ReplyDeleteI am very glad Jon is recovering well and able to become more independent. Wish him a speedy recovery.....
ReplyDelete